Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Aug 14

FIT:
Since trying to run on Aug 1st with terrible pain in my right butt the next day, I decided it wasn't worth it to try to keep up a small amount of fitness if it meant prolonging recovery. I just need to get better first, then I can start running for real again.

So I did 3 strength sessions: Aug 3, Aug 6, Aug 11, with complete reset in between.
Aug 3 (35 min): hurt to walk again from the Aug 1 run, but did improve some over work day. glad it was good enough for strength. 30/40 leg lifts, 3 min plank, 1:30 6 in, 30 pushups, 20 triceps. lower left back tight.
Aug 6 (40 min): 250 crunches/side (a record), 35 med speed pushups, 30/35 leg lifts, 2:15 6 in (a record), 2:30 plank
Aug 10: 2 min plank, 40 leg lifts, 2 min 6 in, 200 crunches / side, 1:15 side planks

Today: wanted to try swimming, since knees still too damaged to bike. Did a 32-min swim of 0.6 mi, with knees and rt foot sometimes hurting but better when flexed - boo. Would do double that, but don't wanna push it. Tried pool running for 15 min in 3.5ft water, but barely moved up my HR - not sure how I'm supposed to do it. Plus, anything deeper than 3.5 ft was too much for me in terms of height, since I just sink at anything higher, so I had only a few strides worth before I'd have to turn around to stay in the right depth. Then, sprints - 6x 36m for 0.12 mi total. Reps> untimed, 50, 48, 46, 46, 48 s. Felt soooo good to get my HR up. My RHR's been increasing, so I'm losing fitness.

No comments: