Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

30-week Report

Ahh... what can I say... in the past 10 weeks, I hit a HIGH, and then I've crashed to a low since I started running in earnest.

HIGHS:
1) Running 16.2-16.6 miles in 2:10:58, which is between a 7:53 and 8:06/mi pace. Incredible. If I could keep that up for another 10 mi (yeah, right)... well, if I got to a point where I could keep it up, it'd be a 3:30 marathon finish - a BQ, which for me would require 3:40.

2) Running 7.5 mi in 54:23, a 7:17/mi pace. It was 53 degrees that day - I think that may be the exact temp of what's considered optimal running.

LOWS:
The past month. I've gotten to improve my biking skills, though, and I'm pretty ripped from my strength sessions. Today, though, my knees hurt too much to bike. Haha, I may have to move on to swimming if I'm to injured to run and bike... maybe I'll end up as a triathlete. I've considered it before. The downside: I don't have an Olympic-sized pool anymore, and if you want to be reasonably competitive, you have to fork out a lot of money for a wetsuit and roadbike - bikes cost sooo much. If it wasn't so cost-prohibitive, I might look into it. It takes a lot of time, too, but I have nothing else to do anyway.

No comments: