Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2

Boo dishes.  There's no end to them.  Funny story - when I was little(r) and my mom was training me to wash dishes (only on occasion), she once told me that if you didn't wash off the soap and you ate it, you'd get cancer.  Ever since then, I've been a little OCD about washing dishes.  It takes me about 30 min per day's worth, and that's even after I re-use used dishes as much as I can... when my mom visits nowadays, she says that she gets all worked up and frustrated watching me wash dishes because it takes me so long to wash each one, haha.  All her fault, haha.  Oh, and if you're wondering, I've used my dishwasher once in two years... we never used it much when I was a kid, and you can't do lots of plastics in there (I'm scared to microwave any plastic, even microwavable ones) because of the heat, I think, and there was soap marks left on the dishes afterward.  So it takes me a while to do dishes.  If I ever have a family of 4... oh man, hahaha... 2 hours a day of dishes. No problem - I'll just train my kids to do it, and I'll be sure to warn them about what happens if you don't wash all the soap off.

FIT:
Was a little bit sore this morning from yesterday's swim.  Not any particular muscle... legs all over... used muscles I don't usually use from running... most of all my butt, I think.  Overall fitness...

Ran... tried the NB858's I got on sale this weekend.  Super heavy shoes.  I don't know how much of it is the shoe itself, and how much of it is the thickness and density of the new insoles I got... these may be the heaviest shoes I've ever worn... Let's see... 11 oz vs. 11.2 in the Asics Gel Evolutions... this one feels way heavier.  Maybe my legs are just tired. 

Umm... not a fan of the shoes so far.  Maybe they'll be my emergency shoes or something that I'll keep in the car for spontaneous running opportunities.  We'll see.  Maybe I just need to swap out the insoles to my normal ones. 

Anyway, the run... 4.0 in 31:13, 7:48 ave.  My heart was working super hard.  I started off at 7.0 (8:34 pace) and it felt like a snail's pace... maybe because I just came off of a 6:41-paced race.  Normally, 7.0 feels a bit too fast when I'm starting off.  That's a first.  So I sped it up really quick, and it felt good besides the shoes and the difficulty of the effort.  I had my "ugly face" on with the strain of it, haha.

Splits> 8:00, 7:56, 7:46, (24:30 5k), 7:29.

I think this particular combo of insole and shoe exacerbates my footstrike discrepancy (right foot lands perfectly underneath me, but my left foot overpronates.  A switch is a must.

No comments: