Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sept 26

FIT:
Soooo much catchup, so little internet.

Sept 16: 3.1 mi (3xEHS loop). Right butt/lower back still hurt from a couple days ago, but I really wanted to run, since I had been inactive for 2 days. Maybe a dumb decision to run injured, but I was desperate. But what do you know, I felt better the next day, especially after trying to sit with better posture. My right leg hurt when I tried to do a shuffle to the right after a mile warmup, but it was fine for normal running. In the last mile, though, I felt like something was in my sock right over my left ankle. I found out psotrun that I was bleeding all through my sock there.

Sept 17: 30 min strength. 75 hip extensors lying over a chair, 150 crunches/side hard... strange after knocking out 250/side not long ago - maybe b/c mroe back muscle to lift now?, 2 min 6 in, 45 med-speed pushups, 40/50 of inner and outer leg lifts, 15 tricep dips. Knees hurt post plank temporarily.

Sept 19: 5 mi hike - Crowders Mt. Probably my favorite trail so far! There were cool rock formulations you had to climb. My legs were fine and felt good enough to run for about 0.5 mi at the end in my hiking boots. It was humid nad buggy in the lower 70's. A good time with my dad.

Sept 21: 2.3 mi in 20:00 on a treadmill. That may be my first non-competition extended treadmill run! My left ankle was still bleeding from before and hurt to walk, but it was fine running on. It was hot in the fitness room, so went in bra. Upper back still sore from new pullup bars I got, even after 3+ days!

Sept 23: 3.1 mi (3xEHS loop). XC singlet, 76 degrees, 82% humidity, ok. In the first 1/2 mi, knees were a bit poundy, for the rest of the run it was fine. Not as tired on teh last mile this time. Hopefully that means I'm improving. I tried 2x50m striders afterwards, but my knees were testy after the 2nd, but otherwise (muscle-wise, cardio-wise) felt I coudl do more.

Sept 24: 5 x 6 (3 free, 3 breast) laps for 0.6 mi total. Splits: 6:33, 6:40, 6:30, 6:37, 6:30. Water was cold. Left knee and right ankle bad at first. Then both okay. Then right knee problems for the rest. Booo!!!! After this long, still issues? I tried hard, but finished in the same time as before, like from a month ago. Maybe because I'm coming down with a baby cold - my nose had been runny today, and for a couple of weeks, I've been feeling like my immune system is down.

Sept 25: 40 min strength. 2x50 calf raises, 2:30 plank, 45 quad dips hard for my left knee, 45/50 leg lifts, 35 med-speed pushups, 2 min 6 in, 25 tricep pushups. Sick today - runny nose, head hot/disoriented. Felt temporarily better after the workout, though.

Sept 26: 2.9 mi in 25:21. Stoplight route splits> 8:15 p, 8:33 s, 8:32 p. That's even slower then how I ran it on Aug 1 in 91 degree temps!!! It was 64 ish degrees. I can't believe it. Oh well, I guess 25:21 isn't bad, considering I'm sick and that I was running in a pouring t-storm. Yes... the fact that I was running in a t-storm while I was sick, is sick. I pushed at the end but just wanted to finish uninjured. I added a 100m hill run at the end as I was walking back to my apt.

No comments: