Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

June 27-p




A happy birthday to my Paulie!

I'm not sure of the format I'll use in the future. Trial and error. I've been inspired by many vegan food blogs that I've read, though. A few favorites so far: blog.fatfreevegan.com, eatair.blogspot.com, speedvegan.com. I like the recipes and the vegan food pics. Amazing shots. Too bad my camera's in storage for the summer. I've been doing lots of experimenting, but none of it's been captured. Anyways, stats for today...

FUEL:
700: zong-zhe (white rice encapsulating pork or beef or something and peanuts and mushrooms... I usually don't eat this kind of stuff- white rice and meat that's not fish or turkey, but it's special for the holiday commemorating a patriotic poet or something. It's been in the fridge for a while, and I happened to be in the mood for it) and 1/2 cup milk
930: kashi go-lean (a good snack for work- slightly sweet so that it's decent-tasting, but still soyey and tasteless enough to be something you don't necessarily wanna keep eating.)
1130: soy nuts
1245: pumpkin & tomato, homemade whole wheat bread + cabot 75% light cheese (best stuff ever)
130: blue bunny light oreo-covered cookies and cream pop- delicious and 110 cal, but I realized after I bought it that it contained partially hydrogenated oil- not enough to make nonzero transfat, but still high up on the ingredients list- eh, one a week or so won't hurt
300: barbecue corn chips
515: mahi-mahi, tofu, and bamboo dish
600: chocolate-berry-whole wheat pancakes - aaaaaaaaaaaaamazing
645: emerald tropical trailmix
1030: watermelon, pumpkin, bit of protein shake, rebound optimum cereal
Plus tonnns of water (perhaps even 2 gallons today, maybe a little less, I dunno)

I eat a lot, don't I? I gained a few pounds last week. Pretty noticeable. Before, it had kinda been stable, but after this week, I really need to do something about this.

FIT:
1.2-mi run to gym
20-min step at 960C/hr
30-min elliptical at level 9- breathing sooo hard, harder than I have in a while
30-min abs
1-mi run home

I usually don't do this much. Not sustainable, this level of activity, for one thing. For another, I'm usually pooped after work and just want to eat and watch tv for hours. But now I'm doing more sitting-down work, which has given me more energy. Now, the only problem is my eyes hurting after any continuous 1 hr of staring hard at the screen. Funny, that doesn't happen when I'm doing fun stuff like this- maybe it's the concentration level required by work. I can do this kinda stuff w/o focusing too much on the screen, kinda lazy-like.

Story- I'm not that great of a swimmer. Oh, I did swim team and piano lessons in 4th grade, swim directly after piano. I would choke on water at swim team b/c I was still new to it, and at the time, I was learning a song called Galatian March. Because of the Pavlov's dogs effect, I'd get the sensation of choking on water whenever I played Galatian March. To this day, when I think about the song, I can sorta remember what it's like to choke on water. But back to today. I'm not that great of a swimmer, and especially on flip-turns, which are messy at the beginning of my swim workouts, I end up inhaling water. Well, even on the elliptical, I couldn't avoid inhaling water- while ellipting (what do you call it?), I tried to take a drink out of my Nalgene, and the water bumped up right as I was inhaling and went up my nose.

Now my left knee's making noises going up steps, sadly.

FUN:
I don't know whether it's endorphins-related, but I laughed a lot more watching tv after the workout. It would make an interesting study, to see if exercise led to more laughing. I was in a good mood.

All for now- probably... I should sleep now so that I don't fall asleep at work.

No comments: