Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Inaugural

The purpose of this blog? I'm not quite sure yet. Something to motivate me to get out and pursue a healthy lifestyle from all angles. A way to track progress in eating healthy and reaching fitness goals. A procrastination tool. A motivation for anyone who happened to stumble upon this blog. We'll see how it goes.

MY GOALS (keep me accountable, understand what I struggle with and what I hope to achieve):

Nutrition:
Moderation (no stress-eating, loneliness-eating, boredom-eating)
Not depriving myself, thinking it'll help me lose weight (going without food for 4+ hrs will start to set your body into a mode where 1. your body feeds off of its own muscle for energy and 2. your body starts freaking out, thinking it's famine time, leading to more fat storage and binge eating later on)

Fitness:
Some dreams - 1/2 marathon (usually, my ankles or knees scream by mile 11, so somehow safely reaching 13.1 would be awesome); triathalon, probably sprint (easier on the body in a way because you're going hard, but the stress is on different body parts and for shorter times)
Not destroying my joints before age 40
Continuing to enjoy the runner's high
Setting aside time for fitness even during busy school days

Eh, that's it for now.

No comments: