Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 5-13 : Excitement, then Lull - p

Friday, May 4th, I PRed at the Mile with a 5:48. I was excited.

Saturday, I pushed through tiredness to do a 11.9 mi LR in 1:47:11, 9:00 ave.  The last few miles took a while and required mental effort to push through.  It wasn't any mechanical issue, just a tired body.... just seemed to have no endurance.  It's odd how my LRs seem to work my cardio system more than faster-paced runs on the treadmill.  Legs were sore in the evening, from the mile. 

Sunday, I did an hour on the recumbent bike.  I wanted more training, since I was on my high, and it would maybe help with recovery from yesterday's LR.  It often does, but not this time.  It was neutral in terms of recovery.

Tuesday, 5 mi on the treadmill, a big progression run in 41:07, 8:14 ave.  Started slow, ended fast.  Splits> 8:47, 8:31, 8:19,7:59, 7:28.  Legs were tight, and I was tired and needed to stretch.  I pumped my arms hard to generate the forward momentum to spare my legs from the work.

Thursday, Insanity DVD (Plyometric Cardio Circuit).  Only did 1 DVD, vs. the 2 I sometimes try to squeeze in.  It's been maybe 6 months since the last time I did one of these, so I wanted to ease back into it.  I was tired by the end, anyway.  I finished with another 25 min of a select few of my usual strength routine exercises, to keep the right leg muscles in balance.

Saturday, a hike at Dupont Forest in NC, where the Hunger Games was filmed.  I had been there before, before I knew about HG, and it was nice.  I've been excited to go back ever since finding out that it was filmed there (/** HUNGER GAMES BOOK 1 SPOILERS**/at Triple Falls, Katniss found Peeta, and at Bridal Veil Falls, Katniss jumped into the water after being burned.)









Sunday, I traveled to Atlanta for my sister's Graduation from college. At the hotel, I did an interval session on a nice, sturdy treadmill.  4.0 in 29:30, 7:23 ave.  I did a 1 mi warmup in 8:11, then 4 x [1/2 @ 9mph, 1/4 @ 7.5mph].  My legs wanted some major stretching out, and my body really wanted cardio.  It had been 5 days since my last run.  The session was good, although the effort felt harder than it should've been.

No comments: