Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

May 16-21 : 7-day Streak - p


I don't know if I've ever done 7 days in a row of workouts before.  If I have, it's been a while.  My body just wanted to work out, and it felt good. 

Wednesday:
Treadmill hill session back at home (after trip to ATL). 1 mi warmup in 8:13 at 1 degree, then, all the rest @ 7.5mph, 1/2 mi @ 5 degrees, 1/4 mi @ 1 degree, 1/2 mi @ 7 degrees, 1/4 mi @ 1 degree, 1/4 mi @ 5 degrees, 1/4 mi @ 1 degree, 1/4 mi @ 7 degrees, 1/4 mi @ 1 degree. 3.5 in 38:13, 8:04 ave. Hadn't run in 3 days, and I was feeling it. Was tired, too, though. Not as much mojo for running lately, tired-wise, but my body (muscles, cardio system) still wants it. I'm ok with reduced mileage, though, as long as I can get biking in or something else to compensate.  Tibialis anteriors sore today, which made my legs really want to run to work it out.



Thursday:
1 hr strength session.  475 crunches per side (left, right, center), 3:00 plank, 105/95 abductor/adductor leg lifts, 25 triangle pushups, 2x75 quad dips, 25 tricep dips, 95 pillow lower leg extensions, 55-45 8lb dumbell rows, 4-way elastic band hip PT exercises, elastic band arm exercises, 1:45 6 in leg lifts, 30 superman arm sweeps, 40 Russian twists w/ 6lb med ball.  Tired during workout, but results were good.  Legs were sore today, too.

Friday:
45 min on Recumbent bike, 11.4 mi.  Still no energ today, but session was good.  Read magazine.  Drank 2/3 bottle of plain, lukewarm water.  Rt knee felt a bit off after 40 min, and my butt got a little numb, but I stepped up the pace in the next 5 min, and that made the knee thing go away.

Saturday:
Ran outside for the first time in a while, in the park.  May have been like 4 months since the last time I went to this park.  5.3 in 45:25, 8:34 ave.  Head was still a bit swimmy.  Maybe sleep helped.  Body was all set to work out.  Dunno if it's the hotter weather, or the lack of sleep.  Drank 1/2 bottle of lemon + salt water.

(practicing my grabs)

Sunday:
Went to the park again, since it was so nice the first time.  Runs outside are so much more satisfying, as great as treadmill runs can be.  8.2 in 1:10:59, 8:44 ave.  Drank 3/4 bottle of lemonwater.  Coolish, although it was warmer in the sun.   Felt suprisingly fresh, given doing a run the day after a run. 

Monday:
1 hr sgtrength session, while watching American Ninja on NBC - cool! 

Tuesday:
50 min recumben bike session, 13 mi.

I took the next day off.  I though it'd be wise to not push it, even if my body could tolerate it.  Good to see that I could handle the volume, though.  The LR distances are still weak and hard to do, but maybe I can build volume in other ways to build a base for my next marathon, whenver that is.

No comments: