Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Second 20er, Medal Hunt, Fillmore, Green River Revival, Snow

Sun, Mar 5:
The day after the 5K, I had a 20 miler to do for Boston.  I ended up doing 6laps around the 3-mile Lake Loop.  After doing a couple laps around there during my last long run, I found that it felt softer than a more straightforward but harder and more gravelly Parkway Loop, with gentler slopes.  20.4 in 3:26:52, 10:08 average.  Felt pretty strong, good temps, didn't sweat much. 

Tuckfest Medal Hunt:
The Whitewater Center has an annual festival called Tuckfest, which has all kinds of outdoors competitions.  As a way to promote it, they're hiding a few medals in local parks, and whoever finds it wins a prize pack.  I found out about their second round.  On the first night, I searched, and searched pretty well, but didn't find it.  It had been the night before my 5K, so it maybe wasn't the wisest decision, but it was so alluring.  

They drop clues as the week goes along.  Another clue came out.  It's not clear how much closer the place in the picture clue is supposed to get you.  I looked more, twice, but still no luck.  A third clue dropped, that seemed pretty specific, and I was so sure that I'd be able to find it.  It seemed to involve having a kayak available, so I threw my child-sized kayak in my car and went out.  I paddled hard, found the place that had been pictured, but no luck. 




Someone found it a couple of days later.  The picture hadn't been that close to the location of the medal, and I had gone past it, thinking it was somewhere else.  I had wanted to put my geocaching and kayaking skills to the test, but failed.  Oh well, I guess it was fun to hunt while it lasted.  At least someone will be able to enjoy the prize pack.  There was a good number of other lookers out there, too. 




Mon, Mar 6 - my right tibialis anterior near my knee is strained, maybe from the 5K plus the 20er.  Foam rolling and massage seems to help relieve it some.

Tue, Mar 7:
Deez Nutz WOD.
  • Flutter Kicks (4-count): 40 + 40 + 50 = 130
  • Sit-ups: 200
  • Squats: 100
  • Plank: 2 min
  • Burpees: 150 + 125 = 275 (as part of the 10,000 burpee club
Wed, Mar 8:
2.1 mi kayaking, as part of the Tuckfest Medal Hunt

Thur, Mar 9:
6.0 in 48:09, 8:02 ave, 2 degrees of incline.

Friday, went to the Fillmore for another concert.  This time, it was Face-to-Face, an Elton John and Billy Joel cover duo.  I played the piano growing up, so it was fun to watch them do all sorts of crazy things on the piano, stuff I could never do.  Talented guys.  The sax was really expressive, too.


 
Sat, Mar 11:
I was supposed to do a 16 miler this weekend, but my feet didn't have that much structural integrity, and I had no energy.  It's been weird.  I did the stationary bike, instead, at night, covering 17.8 mi in 60 min.  Early that day, though, I went to the Green River Revival at the Whitewater Center, where they turn the water green for St. Patty's day.  I wasn't sure how green they'd make it, since the water is a tiny bit green by default.  It got to be like Surge green, though... remember that soda from our childhood - Surge?  




They had a couple of bands play, too (2 music events in one weekend for me!).  It was relaxing watching the water, listening to the band, sitting on my cloth fold-up chair, bundled up in lots of jackets because it was chilly.  Don't know how those people braved the water.  It was nice walking around, too.  So many kayakers were out, enjoying the unique water.




Sun, Mar 12:
It ended up snowing, the day after the Green River Revival!  Crazy weather.  It snows like once per year here, I'd say.  It's exciting when it happens, but we don't have to worry about it sticking around for too long.  I had hoped to make up the 16er today, but my fractury feet still weren't feeling it.  I did manage 7.0 in 57:37, 8:14 ave, 2 degrees of incline, though.  I wore the Adidas Boston Boost for the first time in a while, and they were so cushy soft.  I may wear it for the marathon, especially because its colors match the women's colors for 2017.  I did some cleaning around the house, at least.




No comments: