Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Back to... Chicago/Wisconsin 5

Sunday, May 3:
Time to get in more miles... my third run since the marathon.  6.1 in 55:47, 9:09 average, at the park.  Definitely no Zombies, still.  Took it easy.  Speedwork is the last thing on my mind.   I went until my legs started feeling some wear and tear. 

Monday, May 4:
70 min strength session.

Tuesday, May 5:
4.0 in 34:34, 8:39 average, on a 3 degree treadmill = 7:57 effort.  Each mile lasted so long, mentally.  I started slow, since I had bailed on my previous attempt at a treadmill run.  It went well.  Stopped due to tummy issue, rather than a muscular reason.  Nose-breathed the whole time.  Stayed up until 2am to prep for guests coming over for dinner.

Friday, May 8:
Another outside run. 6.2 in 56:43, 9:07 average.  Was on the phone with my dad for the first 0.75 mi lap.  Had to take it really slow for most of it, to prevent pounding on my legs.  Once I started using better form, which does require a bit more effort, it did feel better, though.

Saturday, May 9:
I was going to run on the treadmill, but the fitness room was randomly locked, so I had to do a 55 min strength session, instead.

Sunday - Chicago...

Started with Oak Park, where the highest concentration of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings are.  They're interspersed between Victorian homes that look like life-sized doll-houses.  I didn't think that real buildings looked like that.

 




The tour at FLW's studio was very interesting.  I didn't really know anything about him before.  He developed many innovative ideas, though... pretty cool.

Afterwards, the Goose Island Brewpub tour.


This tour was unique... it focused on Chicago brewing history.  There wasn't much to see brew tour-wise, since it was a small-scale brewpub system.  They did have a nice tasting session that walked us through a flight of samples, though.


Monday, May 11:
4.4 in 36:40, 8:20 ave, 3 degrees of incline = 7:42 average.  A sweat lodge in the hotel fitness room.  Felt good, but it got hot quick.  A good, stress-relieving run, though.  Splits> 8:34, 8:31, 8:24, 8:07, 3:02 for 0.4.
 
Wednesday - My first MLB game, at the Milwaukee Brewers, which had a retractable roof stadium... good thing, since it was cold here this week!




No comments: