Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

3 Resolutions for 2013

I've had a couple of weeks to think about it, and I feel good about my list.  I don't normally do anything formal about resolutions.  The one from last year (or was it the year before?) about memorizing Phillippians didn't go past a few verses.  For me, at least this year, these are just items that I want to keep in the back of my mind.  I could make SMART (specific/measurable/attainable/relevant/timed) goals, but I really don't want another to-do item to have to worry about.

So, here they are...

1) Reconnect with old friends.  It's been too long.  I'm the worst about keeping up.  I think it's out of fear of losing them, seeming boring, seeming depressing.  This bad habit probably ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.  It's soo hard for me, though.  Gotta break the cycle, though.  Maybe I'm just avoiding making a SMART goal around it because I'm so scared about actually doing this goal.

2) Read a few Bible verses at least once a week some time during work.  That's actually decently SMART.  Everything, even going to a normal job, can be an act of worship when it's done with the intent of honoring God.  I want to conduct myself in a way that honors him by working hard, being kind and looking out for my co-workers in the process, and doing everything with integrity.  The verses can help to re-focus me periodically amidst the craziness.

3) Move more.  I realized late last year how bleh I feel after sitting non-stop for a few hours at work.  I want to incorporate standing up every now and then.  After work, I normally veg in front of the tv to eat and then decompress.  I want to do a bit of weights or cleaning up around the apt while watching.  Aids in digestion and keeps all of the metabolic processes humming like they should. 

And that's all, folks.  3 is simple, and it's cool that they happen to cover all 3 areas - social, spiritual, and physical. 

No comments: