Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

RECIPE: Scrambled Tofu


Mmmmmmm...
Every couple months or so, I get tired of the food options I have in my fridge, and I get unable to think of what I do crave. It's a nasty feeling. I had it today. Then, I remembered the tofu in my cabinet and remembered scrambled tofu I had in 2D. I hadn't had curry in a while - the last time was prob early Nov, when I ate it for like 7 meals straight.

Ingredients:
1 block silken tofu
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup curry powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp whole cumin
2 stalks green onion
3/2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp white vinegar

Directions:
1. Start frying chopped up green onion, EVOO, and spices.
2. Add cut up tofu.
3. Stir until it breaks up.
4. Add vinegar and soy sauce.

Optional: add Sweet Potato bites to make it more filling and chewy.

Delicious - the vinegar gives it a savory kick.

No comments: