Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Festival of Lights Xmas Eve Run

FIT/FUN:
Just as the last light was creeping away, I hit the road w/ my sis and dad (on bikes) for an Xmas Eve run. I had taken 2 days completely off to let my inner thigh heal (hasn't really, and my butt's still sore), but I fear losing fitness. So after eating a block of curry tofu (so full afterwards), I put on my Brooks Nightlife 1/2 zip (and my bright glove/mitts). I shed my gloves after 1/4 a mile. It was only 54 degrees but windy. About 1/2 a mile in, I took off the 1/2 zip but left it around my neck and let it hang the rest of the way. It was absolutely brilliant and glowing, even moreso in the almost darkness. It's almost unrreal looking. Such a good purchase. Anyway, the lights were pretty to see on the houses, except I mostly didn't noticed b/c I was concentrating on finding level grass to run on. It was nice temps - would be better if I hadn't overdressed. A tee and shorts would've been perfect. It was 2.2 mi (same as the normal loop in length, although a slightly different path through neighborhood rather than the main road) in 16:29. Ave 7:30/mi pace.

No comments: