Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Pton Sports Resort

Day 1:
Track> Mile Timetrial. After 6-7 hrs of sleep for the past 2 nights (vs. the usual 8-9), and half a sweet potato. It was 8am and 49 degrees with a misty rain. My butt had a knot in it after doing a second night of stretches, and the run felt generally stiff. I did a quarter warmup but didn't want to do any more, since I'm generally out of shape and still had plans for a wf run. I wore spikes that made me feel like I was running on spikes - maybe the spikes were too long. Was too warm in the Boston shirt so went in bra - cold, but fine for a short run. Could've gone a bit faster if there was competition (aka people to impress, haha), but just pressed hard enough to give a good effort. Wasn't memorably tired or killing myself over it, like keeling-over tired at the end. I guess that makes the 6:34 time more acceptable. That's very far %wise from 5:59, but it's okay - I could've shaved off 7s if needed.
Wf run> Ended at the hill (2.2 mi). With pack, and after the mile, making the 8:22/mi okay (18:25). Progrid. Bought a CASE of dark choc at WF.
Indoor Soccer> After eating lots of fried tofu, eggplant, and brown rice (so delicious), we ran over to Dillon to play IM soccer. With all that sprinting back and forth, a high-risk situation, haha. I was worse than useless as a player, but it was still run, and I got some good sprinting in. I dinged my ankle, but as coach said, it gets easier to sprain but faster to heal each time, so it was fine enough to keep going on and only a bit tender for a couple days afterwards.

Day 2:
Ultimate Frisbee> Throwing - stiff at first and cautious about my joints, but throwing got me looser, and soon, lunging and quick releases came back quickly. I was throwing with Raph, who rightly said that it's like riding a bike - you never forget. Throwing got my HR up pretty quick. During the warmup, shuffling was fine for the first time since the June whatever. In the scrimmage, I played handler and deep deep. With a tender ankle, no cup. Still got it, and couldn't resist going after layouts, even wearing track spikes - luckily, nobody else goes for layouts. XC Spikes are really good for grass running, cutting and all. Still got it :) Quads were sore afterwards, esp upper.

Day 3:
Wm run> 7.5 mi Cruise Intervals. The 3.6ish out was continuous, but the way back was broken up a lot by walk breaks. It was 9am and 42-50 (huge diff over 1 hr) and muddy on the tow path. I was fatigued after three days of more sports than I do in a week, not to mention all of the speedwork that got built in. It had also been a jam-packed week of lots of walking and waking up early and staying up late. The oatmeal breakfast I had burned up fast, and I felt fatigued and depleted, running in empty. Legs were sore, but no pain.

No comments: