Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

CHS with Dad Back

Tuesday, June 29:

Did the 6/23/2021 Ruck WOD (15 RFT of 5 ruck PU, 10 high pulls, 15 ruck squats) with 30# in the v3 rucker, in the hot garage in 31:32, followed by about 11 minutes of 75 flutter kicks, 2 min of ruck OH, 50 flutter kicks, 1.5 min ruck OH, 25 flutter kicks, 1 min ruck OH.

Wednesday, June 30:

My dad was finally back from TW.  First, I mowed the lawn.  The ear pro that I had brought with me came in handy!


I showed him the park that I had discovered while he was away -  Laurel Hill County Park.  While rucking, I rolled my left ankle twice in the Salomon XA Comps, but it wasn't too bad, fortunately.  30# in the v3 20L rucker.  4.0 in 1:18:59.  I took him on an extra loop around the parking lot to make sure that we hit 4 miles.  

I still think it's dumb that county parks charge fees.  Governments should encourage people to go out and be active, for mental and physical health.  These places are going to be open anyways, so you might as well maximize its use.  The people who need it the most would be the most deterred by the even relatively small cost.



Thursday, July 1:

Did the "Basic Yin Yoga Routine for Beginners" by Revive n Thrive.  It had lots of long holds, but it wasn't super stretchy, and didn't seem very varied.  My hammies and quads were still sore from the workout on Tuesday, so something was better than nothing, I suppose.  I wouldn't repeat this yoga video, though.

Friday, July 2:

Someone at the D-day Tough had told me about a free local range near our place, so I looked it up.  Twin Ponds Rifle Range is part of the SCDNR.  It was about 30 minutes away, so not particularly convenient to get to, but I wanted to check it out.  I have to pay to go to my local indoor range, so I wanted to see what a free outdoor range was like.  It would also be a fun experience to shoot with my dad.  He wasn't super into it and only shot a little, though.  

The RSOs were really nice and helpful, and were vigilant about safety.  They even let my dad borrow a scope to watch my rifle impacts.  One downside of a shared outdoor range is that you have to wait until the range is cold to replace or fix targets.  That means it's harder to predict how long you'll be out there, since you can't leave until the range goes cold and you can take your stuff down.  You also pick up your brass afterwards to help clean up.



After the range trip, I did the U-Haul Horizon Core workout.  Apart from the 5 min warmup, which I did slick as prescribed, I added a 30# ruck to everything, and made everything a 4-count if it wasn't already specified as such.  I finished it in 44:36.  The garage was quite sweaty, as usual.  I did a 2.5 mile strict-ish ruck afterwards at 13 min pace in the Salomon XA Comps, playing Pokemon at sunset.  It was quite beautiful.



Saturday, July 3:

Did an unweighted sunrise beach walk with my dad in the morning at IOP.  




In the evening, I did a 7 mile run in 1:00:25 in the subdivision, playing Zombies Run, wearing yellow Saucony's.  I had gotten a blister from the sandals at the beach before I too-late switched to sneakers, but it was OK.


Sunday, July 4:

Solo sunrise ruck at IOP beach in the Salomon XA-Comps and the v3 rucker 20L.  Played Pokemon and went at an easy pace.  It was a recovery ruck.  6.0 in 1:47:35.



No comments: