Pages

Friday, December 25, 2020

CLT Summer Fam Bam

My sister was about to move from NYC to NC for more schooling, so she visited me before the semester started.  My dad came up, too.

Sunday, July 5:

HDT 19.1.3 (Legs).  Hot.  Felt harder than usual, as expected after a T/L.  65 min.

3.5 miles with dad in 1:09:59 with 30#.



Got a Pulse Oximeter so that I could periodically check that I wasn't dying.


Monday, Jul 6:

Picked up my sister from the airport.


We went on a 4 mile ruck together (I rucked, they walked) in 1:26:21, and then I did HDT 19.2.1 (Core) in 28 min, followed by a 2 mi coupon ruck with a 45#SB for half and a 30# SB for 1/2 in 45:45.


July 7 - My sister likes to play board games to relax.  We like to goof off together, in general.



("Argentina")

Wednesday, Jul 8:

After a game of sunset bocce...






Late night HDT 19.2.2 (Legs) in 22.5 min with a 30# ruck, plus a 1 mi run in 7:11, then a 6 mi ruck in the Speed Rucker with 30#.


Friday, Jul 10:

6am HDT 19.2.CP "Hells Sandfire" 25 min AMRAP with 45# SB.  A nice active recovery.

Afterwards, we went to South Mountains State Park and did a 7.5 mi hike in 3:17:08.  It would've been nice to do 10 miles and knock out the Mountain Ruck Challenge for PATHFINDER, but I'd have to come back another time.  We missed the waterfall loop.  We had to get back into town to do some car shopping.  





At least the car shopping was successful!  Not orange like I had hoped, but it'll do!



Saturday, Jul 11:

Cabarrus Ruck Club hosted an Ice Cream Callout.  No ice cream for me, but it was a fun little ruck.  We got to do some yoga at the start, which was awesome.  It's cool to get to watch someone do something that they're really good at doing (teaching yoga, in this case).



1.5 miles in 36:24 with 30#.

At night, did HDT 19.2.3 (Arms) in 37 min, followed by 2 mi of coupon rucking with 40#SB and 30#R.

Sunday, Jul 12:

Went to LKN State Park for the first time.  Covered 5 miles in 2:29:38 across 2 trails that we drove between.  Dug up some clams in the middle, although it's not a season where they're safe to eat, so we ended up releasing them after some time.  It was fun to explore with them.  My legs were tired today, though.





At night, we tried some Harry Potter Every Flavor Jelly Beans, haha.

Tuesday, Jul 14:

HDT 19.3.CP 15 min AMRAP, followed by 5K run in 23:50.  Really needed that rest day yesterday.  Body is worn out and tired of rucking.  Lots of rucking volume this past week in a potential push for 300 miles for PATHFINDER Advanced, in case I don't get in the Mountain Ruck.

Wednesday, Jul 15:

HDT 19.3.3 (Core) with 38 min for PT and a 1 mi coupon ruck with 30# ruck and 45#SB in 16:33.  Feeling it in the lower right back.

Thursday, Jul 16:

The games continue...



HDT 19.3.1 (Legs) with 38 min PT and then 1 mi no strap ruck with 30# at the end.

July 17:

My sister gave me a COVID-era DIY haircut.  She referred to a youtube video for instructions.







Saturday, Jul 18:

Street Art Ruck with CLT RC plus my sister with 30# in the Speed Rucker.  I took them on a variation of the tour that I had done with ED.  






Sunday, Jul 19:

My family left, but I organized a repeat of the South Mountains State Park 10 miler for the ruck club.  Mountain Ruck done!  10 miles in 4:44:27.  It ended up being FM's last week in CLT before he was off to TX, so it was good to see him one last time.  He was a trooper hauling 45#.







Monday, Jul 20:

TA PT test with 27 PU, 43 SU, 6 SC @ 70# with 1 miss.


Followed by ETSDFQ 30 min 45# SB AMRAP (upped the weight from the 30# I used to use)... so many squat cleans!



No comments: