Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Catching up on Workouts, then Charlotte

I had flown to Wisconsin for a few days right before doing the Beer & BBQ 5K.   I didn't do any workouts while I was there, though, since I planned on doing the 5K.  I should've run on Tuesday, but I was in no mood.  As a result, I wanted to catch up on workouts over the remainder of the weekend.

Saturday, July 18:
10.4 in 1:30:26, 8:40 average.  Long-ish run on the Swamp rabbit trail, to make up mileage.  The morning after the race, but felt fine.  Took it easy, listened to geocaching podcasts, instead of running podcasts, for the first time.  I'm really into GC now, and my plan was to try to do a 31 day GC streak.  In the last 2 x 1.8-ish mile laps, I started craving carbs but pushed through. 

Sunday, July 19:
55 min strength session... it had been 2 weeks.  Performance was still fine, though.

Monday night, drove to Charlotte.

Tuesday, July 21:
Tried running in a local park (Park Street Park).  It started off barely sprinkling, and it was nice to have cloud coverage.  It was a good-sized park!  You can get a decent mile per lap, and it goes around various sports fields and a sizeable pond.  6.0 in 51:58, 8:38 average.  I had stopped at about 1.5 mi to try a geocache, but I wasn't able to find it.

Had dinner at Luna's Loving Kitchen - good vegan food.


There happened to be a Geocache next door, too, so I picked that up after dinner (took about 35 min).


Thursday, July 23:
Morning run before breakfast.  5.0 in 40:58, 8:12 average, 2 degrees of incline = 7:52 effort.  Just trying to get in some mileage for the week while I can.

No comments: