Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

CHS-ATL-CHS: Jun 25-Jul12

This summer, I've been in the mood to visit my family more, during the weekends.  My sister is moving to NYC, so she won't be in ATL for much longer.  My mom's been visiting family abroad, so it was nice to be able to keep my dad company in CHS and watch the World Cup together.

The first weekend in CHS was the weekend of Battlefrog.  I didn't arrive in CHS until about 3pm, but I had a good 28-or-so hours there that was packed with fun, so it felt like much longer.

Wednesday, Jun 25:
Did 4.0 in 34:06, 8:32 ave, at 2 degrees of incline.  I had taken 3 days off to recover.  After the race, I felt like I hadn't done much running-wise.  My body started feeling it in the next couple of days, though, and I was shuffling at work on Monday.  The thing that really needed to recover was my left ankle, which had gotten seriously sandpapered by sand + my shoe.  I had to wear band-aids all week.

Thursday, Jun 26:
I felt super-fresh and in the mood this morning.  In the evening, I did Zombies, Run, with 6.7 in 59:40, 8:48 ave.  Work's been high-octane this week, so I needed a mental break in the second half of the day.

Friday - My sister was going to visit me, and we were going to visit a brewery, but her tires needed replacing, so I drove down, instead.

Saturday, Jun 28:
5.0 in 38:02, 7:37 ave, 2 degrees incline = 7:19 effort.  I had been planning to bike, because my legs felt like they needed to recover, but it was taken at the gym, so I ran.  My legs started taking to the run quickly, though, and it ended up being an awesome run.

Monday, Jun 30:
60 min strength session.

Tuesday, Jul 1:
Motivation lacking today.  Felt lamesauce for only doing 3.6 in 26:32, 7:22 ave, at 2 degrees incline = 7:06 effort, but something's better than nothing.

Would've run Thursday, but was helping a friend recover from an apartment fire.

Friday, Jul 4:
6.6 in 1:00:10, 9:01 ave.  Knees complained at first, since it was first thing in the morning after only 4 hrs of sleep, but they loosened up after a mile.   Proud to get that third 2.2mi loop in.  Hadn't eaten breakfast, since I had eaten only 5 hrs before.  Only ran, no zombies.  My body actually felt in the mood for a second run in the evening, but I decided to save it.  Splits> 22:06, 19:55, 18:08.

Saturday, Jul 5:
8.8 in 1:15:33, 8:32 ave.  Another outside run, this time in the evening.  Legs were decently fresh.  Body felt low on carbs and craved either lemon water or a beer during the last 3 miles.  Proud I got in the 4th lap, which was more of a mental challenge.  Splits> 19:59, 19:11, 18:16, 18:06.

Sunday, Jul 6:
Thought I'd do biking or run in CHS, or strength in GVL after driving home, but my legs felt fresh enough for Zombies.  It was a shorter episode, so I could've gone on if I wanted, but I did 2x30 burpees after the run, instead.  Surprised I could run 3 days in a row so easily.

Monday, Jul 7:
55 min strength.  My left inner ball of the foot felt stress fracturey today when I woke up.  Maybe it was the burpees or the high volume of running over the past 3 days. 

Tuesday, kept resting the foot.

Wednesday, Jul 9:
Foot still complains a bit in the morning, but by the evening, decided to do a run anyway.  Ended up doing only 3.0 in 26:10, 8:43 ave, at the park, because after a mile, I noticed a boy with 2 frisbees with nobody to throw with, so I offered to throw with him.  It was fun getting to throw again.
  I felt guilty for the next couple of days for stopping the run and only getting in 3, but I keep telling myself that it was good that I made a new friend.

Thursday, Jul 10:
5.0 in 40:26, 8:05 ave, 2 degree incline = 7:46 effort.  Legs sore today for some reason.  Not much motivation to run, but went anyway, and it ended up being great.  Doing the 5th mile made me feel less guilty about doing only 3 yesterday.

Saturday, July 12::
Had been hoping for a longer run today, but not much motivation at all... just wanted to lie in bed, eat, listen to podcasts.  Forced myself out to the gym, though, got in 5.0 in 40:37, 8:07 ave at 2 degrees incline.  Splits> 8:37, 28, 16, 7:56, 17. Ended up being decent, could've maybe gone for more, but time to catch a flight.

In other news... got a new watch.  My old one's strap has been gradually deteriorating, causing me to leave a trail of bits of rubber wherever I go.  My Timex Ironman watches typically have their straps break before the battery runs out.  But that's fine.  I could look for something higher-quality, but watches get nasty after a while, so I'd prefer to get new ones periodically and just play for replacements.  And replacing batteries would be a pain.

Old:

New:


No comments: