Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July, and my last "Easy" Week

I am here, in week 5, of the Hansons Beginner's Training Program.
 It's the calm before the storm... although I couldn't even handle the "calm".  I ended up taking a couple of mid-week rest days where I wasn't up for running.  It was the holidays, and I was visiting family.  I did do some cross-training, though.

That was the plan.  Here's what I did:

Monday:
50 min on the recumbent Bike, felt the easiest that it's ever been.  Time went by quickly.  A foot thing prevented me from attempting a run.

Tuesday:
4.6 @ 8:23 pace, outside, in 76 degree and cloudy weather.  My joints complained when running at angles, when I was changing directions or on lateral inclines.  I don't know whether that run did more harm than good.

Wednesday - rest.  Drove to my parents' house.  Didn't feel up for a run, but I went on a nice 2.2 mi walk with them.

Thursday - rest.  I could've run, but we decided to go kayaking instead.  It wasn't much of a workout, because kayaking doesn't make your arms sore, for some reason.  Also, I spent a lot of time not paddling, taking pictures instead.  We were out for about 2 hours.  It was nice.  We were on a new waterway that we hadn't been to before.

Friday:
4.4 @ 9:10, outside, in 90 degree temps, half cloudy, half sunny.  Joints complained a bit during turns and angles again, so I didn't go any further.

Saturday:
6.6 @ 8:41, in 89 degree temps, with 60% sun.  Nice to see that I went faster.  Joints complained in the second loop again, although it seems like it got a bit better in the third loop... it has happened in LRs before... just need to get over the hump.

+ plus.... went Jet-skiing!!!



Sunday:
55 min body weight strength session.

No comments: