Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Stone Mountain, Georgia

After the 30K...

Slept lots the day after the 30K to help with recovery.  Craved calcium, and bones felt compressed.  My body itched to run, but I played it smart and rested.

Monday, May 20: Biked 60 min.  I had looked forwrd to working out all day during work, though after my post-dinner nap, I had to tear myself out of bed to get to the gym.  The time went by quickly, a sign of good times with the running magazine.

Tuesday, May 21: 1 hr Strength session.

Wednesday - at the office from 8:15am->11:30pm, so no workout.

Thursday, May 23: 5 mi @ 8:24.  Crazy sleep patterns today (after working til midnight the previous day, I had a 5am call).

Friday, May 24: 50 min bike session.  Time flew by again.

Saturday, May 25: 5 mi @ 8:10.

Sunday, May 26: Hiking at Stone Maountain with the fam.  It was suprisingly hard.  Maybe because I was still recovering from the 30K, or maybe because of the poor sleep.  I really only felt it during the uphills.  The backpack didn't make it any easier.

It was a nice day, though.  It's nice when big cities have more natural getaway spots closeby.

Had a bit of iPhone fun at the top.

No comments: