Pages

Monday, November 22, 2021

Ruck Club Workouts (300, Iwo Jima, Paperman)

Sunday, Feb 7:

The day after the Fort Mill "Tough Love" Basic Sim, I did PT Challenge session #2, hitting 26 HRPU, 43 BSU, 9 SC@60, 16 PP@60, 3 TGU@30 with right arm only, and a 1:25 DH@30.








Monday, Feb 8:

I did HDT 23.1.CP (Sanddoom 20 min AMRAP) with 30#R and 30#SB, then a 2 mile run in 15:52 in Kinvaras, then 100 situps to fill up the time.

(morning matcha)



Tuesday, Feb 9:

HDT 23.1.1 (Arms) in 42 min, then 2:30 slick dead hang filler, then 6 miles in 1:29:03 with the v3 25L with 30# expert plate.  That felt better than using the 30# standard plate, since the standard plate felt like a giant block against my back, with nothing form-fitting about it.  This was my longest ruck yet with the Ballistic trainers.  It was good, but I'm not sure if I'd last 12 miles with them, yet.



Wednesday, Feb 10:

45 min of Slow Flow Deep Stretch Yoga for Flexibility with Kassandra on youtube.  My legs were sore today from yesterday's 6 miler.

Thursday, Feb 11:

HDT 23.1.3 (Legs) in 60 min.  Getting it in before a busy Saturday of ruck club workouts planned!

(Tibs... something I used to do against the edge of my bed to make my Tibialis Anteriors feel better, when those used to feel really inflamed)

Saturday, Feb 13:

I was asked to lead a workout for Cabarrus Ruck Club, so I chose one that coincided nicely with a beer release event taking place in San Antonio that same day to honor David Roten.  I made it scenario-based, since that's always fun.  I pretended that Cadre Ragnar had called me up, telling me that they had an issue getting beer brewed for the release party, and they knew that NC made good beer and wanted to see if we could help.  Our warmup consisted of different movements that matched the brewing process (milling, lauter tun, boil kettle, fermentation, packaging).  Then, I broke out the toy car that I had rescued and had been saving as a coupon for a workout.  We had to "drive" the beer to San Antonio, with two people responsible for pushing me in the car while the two others "built the road" as engineers by doing sandbag tosses.  Once we got to San Antonio, we did the 300 hero WOD.

It was cold and rainy, which made it even more epic.


(I was glad to be able to carry hot tea with me)








After the workout, Shannon and I went to Frank Liske Park to do some recon for another event that we were planning, for TA hopefuls.  It would be a simulation event, so we looked for a "river", a "big hill", a "loop", a "soccer field" for relays, a "checkin pavillion", and a place to do the PT test.  We actually found all of those things, and we were able to design a perfect course and place for the event.




All still on the same day, I hit the range with SB.


And then at night, I hosted a CLT ruck club February Tribe WOD with the Iwo Jima WOD, followed by a 5 mile Tribe ruck in 1:39:19 with 20#, including a trip around Lights.








What a full day, spent with people I love.

Sunday, Feb 14:

HDT 23.1.2 (Core) in 40 min with 30#.  Glad for lower weight easier stuff, which is what workout #2 in any given HDT week tends to be, since the workouts from yesterday made me sore all over.  I also added 175 pushups and 200 situps afterwards to catch up on some PU and SU practice that I was encouraging Compete people to do, based on the great results we saw from the Core 10K challenge in under a week.  Your body adapts to doing a bunch of reps of exercises, even spread out over the course of a day, pretty quickly!

Monday, Feb 15:

Yet another ruck club workout!  A GRT's dad was from CLT, and there was a hero WOD being done around the country in his honor.  It was only fitting to have the CLT RC host one as well.  It was cold and rainy again, but two brave and kind souls joined in to honor "The Paperman".

We actually had to modify our route, because part of the greenway had turned into a raging river!












It was a really well-designed workout, one that I'd do again.  I was glad to be able to support the GRT and honor her dad, too.  

Tuesday, Feb 16:

HDT 23.2.1 (Core) in 48 min, followed by 2 mi of coupon rucking, alternating back, bear, farmer, single shoulder, bear, back carries for 44:08.  30#R and 30#SB and XA Comps in the V3 shorty.


Wednesday, Feb 17:

HDT 23.2.2 (Legs) with 39 min of PT, then 0.5 mi run in 3:36, then 2 mile ruck in 24:39 in the v3 25L in Kinvaras.

Thursday, Feb 18:

HDT 23.2.3 (Arms) in 52 min, then 2 mile ruck in 36* and rain in MACV1s and v3 Shorty in 38:18.



Ruck club coins arrived!







No comments: