Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

RECIPE: Cream of Chicken/Tuna/Veg Pasta

It's been a while since I've done a "superfood recipe" on this blog, but I recently shared this one with my co-workers, and I enjoy this dish, so here it goes!  


For work, we've been having a virtual meetup each morning at 9am.  It's a nice way to ease into the day, and stay in touch with co-workers.  The newest theme was sharing recipes for a Quarantine Cookbook.  The idea is that you share a recipe that you've made even with sparse provisions, and your ingredients list should offer suggestions for substitutions, in case anyone's options are limited.

Even though I had just restocked, I could've made this dish with what I had before the trip to the grocery store.



Cream of Chicken/Tuna/Veg Pasta


Serves 2
Approximate Prep Time: 25 min




Ingredients:
-       1-2 Cans of Tuna, or Shredded Chicken, depending on how much meat you like.  Skip this if you’re vegetarian.
-       2 servings of pasta (I like non-spaghetti style, like Rotini or Penne)
-       Optional Carrot, if you want more veggies.  Or use frozen carrots+peas.  I haven’t tried it yet, but little pieces of cauliflower or extra mushrooms could also be good.
-       1/2 container of frozen spinach (defrosted)
-       2 servings of shredded cheese
-       2 cloves of Garlic (I like garlic)
-       1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (I get the lowfat kind)
-       Black Pepper



Steps:
-       Boil the pasta (with some salt, not sure what that does)
-       Chop up the carrots and microwave it for 2 minutes with a little water until it’s tender.
-       Chop up the garlic.
-       Put everything except the pasta in a bowl and microwave it for a minute.
-       Add the pasta and stir.



(Cooked Pasta)



(Post-microwave)



The Story:
My mom used to make something like this when I was a kid.  I remember not liking it much back then.  I don’t remember how I came up with this, but it reminds me of the flavors of chicken pot pie, and what my mom made, and rich and creamy pastas, but with a healthier version of it.  I don’t “cook” often, so this is fancy cooking for me.  I’m normally hungry after work, so I go for quick and easy meals that typically require <5 a="" also="" avoid="" can.="" dishes="" i="" making="" microwave="" min="" nbsp="" o:p="" of="" prep.="" so="" to="" ton="" try="" wash="" when="">

No comments: