Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 Year-In-Review

Summary:
- 2014 was a year of lots of travel to Argentina and Brazil.  I was abroad for about 1/3 of the year. 
- 2014 was the year of Obstacle Course racing, from my first, with my sister and her friend at the Atlanta Spartan Sprint in March, to the Battlefrog Carolinas in June, to the Spartan Carolinas Beast + Super Double in October.
- 2014 was the year that I registered and made it to Boston, by a mere 15 seconds.
- My year as a manager at work - learned a lot.  It was a fun challenge, with a different skill set required.  I'll be on a different team this year, though.

Stats:
 Mileage - it was a pretty low year with mileage - 850.5 total = 2.33 miles per day, on average.  I ran a total of 5 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes, 11 seconds, for an average of 20 min and 55 seconds per day.  That's an average pace of 8:58.  Seems a bit slow... maybe it's from the obstacle course races mixed in.

 I did 2 days, 9 hours, and 35 min of body weight strength exercises and biking, which is about 9.5 minutes per day.

In terms of workout types, it was 12% long runs, vs. 16% from last year, since I wasn't training for any marathons this year.  4% was intervals this year, vs. 7% last year... again, not too much serious training... I was happy to get in any kind of workout while traveling.  More base mileage (75% vs. 58%) this year.

The status of my shoes... haven't purchased new shoes in a while.  I have a supply of them already, when I want to pull out new ones, though.  My legs start to feel it when I run in high-mileage shoes, so I'll likely need to pull out new ones once training starts for Boston.

Goal Review:
I wanted to read 12 non-running books in 12 months.  I finished Oliver Twist, which I had started in 2013.  I got through most of Volume 2/2 of Sherlock Holmes (still need to go back and read Vol 1).  I got through 1 chapter of a Tale of 2 Cities.  I read/finished/started a few running-related books.  This is far from getting 12 books done, though, haha...

2015 goals... hmmm....
- Not getting injured for Boston, so that I can run it.
- Continue traveling
Who knows what the year will bring, so I'll keep it at that for now.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Such a busy year! Glad all is well on all fronts. Can't wait to see how you do in Boston!!