Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Post-Mammoth 2024

Tuesday, Jan 9:

Yoga for Core & Booty + Movement is Medicine - Energy Practice with Adriene.  I've been tired and hungrier in the past 2 days following Mammoth.


Wednesday, Jan 10:

18A "Upper Body Prep" in 29:04, then "Push-up" in 49:08


Friday, Jan 12:

Glute and Pec PT v2 in 25:53, then 18A "Lower Push BW" in 39:25, followed by 90s of palming a 60#SB OH

I set up a Nightforce diving board mount and Vortex Impact 4000, to see if it would make ranging and shooting easier and more efficient.


Saturday, Jan 13:

Took the Ruger Precision Rifle out to the range to test the Vortex Impact 4000.

- Zeroed the rifle

   

- Zeroed the laser according to Vortex instructions

- Went out to the long range to test the LRF capabilities of the Impact against what I got from stand-alone LRFs and known distance berms.

- Trued up the laser zero on a 741yd target

- Dry fired from a barricade and played with the Grey Ops Gun Plate, which seemed to add more stability.

- Went to a flat range to do some pistol rapid fire at 3m.

- Went back to the zero range to see how much the truing adjustments changed the laser zero... turns out a lot!


Sunday, Jan 14:

Visited the site of my parents' new house.

4 mile ruck with 50# in the Rucker v2 after dinner because my body craved cardio, wearing Garmont T8s.  I've still been tired, though.  Covered it in 1:25:15.  Saw a bunch of deer in a yard!


Monday, Jan 15:

Took my parents out to dinner at Jekyll and Hyde.



Wednesday, Jan 17:

52 push-ups in 2 min for a quick virtual GBF challenge, 18A "Upper Body Prep" in 22:52, "Pull-up" in 44:38 not where I used to be, "Hollow" in 16 min


Friday, Jan 19:

10 mile overnight ruck wearing MACV2s with a 30# Rucker v2 around the neighborhood in 2:47:16.  Even with shuffling, it felt harder than it should've.  Played lots of Pokemon.  32 degree temps!

I always love it when I get a surprise glimpse of the city skyline.


Saturday, Jan 20:

2 mile recovery ruck following Pokemon Routes in 27* temps wearing a 40#WV and MACV1s.

Winter is certainly here!





Sunday, Jan 21:

Back to Coleman's, this time, with SB.

- Zeroed and chronoed my RPR

- Zeroed and chronoed my 22LR at 50yd... it was 1077 ave with a 13SD and 41 ES, so the box speed is decent.

I did the Kraft drill at 50yd for the 22LR on some dot stickers with standing, kneeling/seated, prone.  Surprisingly, kneeling/seated was a little more consistent than prone, which was better than standing.  I did this drill so much, swapping between positions, that my right lunging leg and right wrist were feeling it.  I added the Grey Ops gun plate in the second half, and that did make things more stable with tighter groups.

I did Kraft with the RPR afterwards, taking my time... not terrible.

Went to the pistol arcade to play around and push speed... 18 mags of it.  Need to clean the gun, since the slide started thumping its way back into battery slowly.

At the long range, the Vortex Impact had gotten off from what I had set to true it a week ago, so I had to adjust right and up again.  


Monday, Jan 22:

Flow - Day 1 - Set + Day 3 - How Yoga with Adriene.

Then Glute and Pec PT v1 in 30:05, followed by HDT SIAS 15 min AMRAP with a 40#SB with 5 rounds and 23 reps, followed by 2 x [2 min low plank, 2 min 40#SB OH hold] as a finisher.


No comments: