Pages

Saturday, April 8, 2023

CHS Christmas to CLT New Year 2023

CHS

Thursday, Dec 22:

Went to the subdivision fitness room with my mom to work out.  She did her thing while I did HDT 35.2.3 (arms) in 30 min for PT plus a 6 min coupon carry, followed by HDT 35.2.CP (burn baby burn) 18 min circuit.


Friday, Dec 23:

I did 2 loops around the neighborhood with 50# in the Rucker 20L v3, wearing MACV1s.  I had to re-tie my laces once.  My dad ran while I fast rucked.  I did 4.5 miles in 59:03 and strained my right glute in the last half mile.  It would end up staying strained through Mammoth and beyond.  It's odd, because it's not the first time I've gone fast and heavy like that.  This was fasted, because I wasn't hungry when I woke up.  It's cool getting to exercise with my parents.


Saturday, Dec 24:

HDT 35.2.2 (LEGS) in 25 min for PT and 7:30 for a half mile coupon ruck, followed by 2.5 min ea of dead hang on a fat abrasive bar in the gym, high plank slick, wall sit, and high plank slick.


My sister, who moved to Colorado in October, joined us for the opening of presents, virtually.




CLT


Sunday, Dec 25:

A cold spell came over CLT, and sub-freezing temps would persist for days, so I decided to cut my trip to CHS short and go back to CLT, to heat up the home.  I normally don't use climate control.  I didn't want my pipes to freeze and cause thousands of dollars in damage.  Everything was fine, but better safe than sorry.





Monday, Dec 26:

HDT 36.3.2 (arms) in 50 min for PT, then 2 miles of interval running, then a 1 mile run in 7:08, wearing reflective Kinvaras.

The lake was frozen on top!  Crazy.


Tuesday, Dec 27:

I used the extra time at home to prep for Mammoth, field stripping my meals to cut down on excess weight and volume.



Wednesday, Dec 28:

Restorative Yoga Flow with Chelsea Jackson Roberts from Lululemon.  It focused on hips and holding.  It was good.  I like slow sessions.  My hips and legs and lower back and shoulders needed recovery, anyways.  I was sore from the previous day.

HDT 35.3.1 (legs) with 48 min of PT and 6 min of heavy rucking, followed by HDT 35.3.CP (heartthrob) after a break.  Heavy rucks a speed seem to strain my right butt.


Friday, Dec 30:

My parents were now in CLT with me.  They had been planning to come, anyways.  We went into uptown, because I wanted to show my mom First Ward Park.  They have a lot of fun things to discover there.  I didn't ruck it.  





We had Cava afterwards.  My mom loved it.  The flavors are unique.



Saturday, Dec 31:

HDT 35.3.3 (core) in 75 min for PT plus a 12 min coupon OH with ruck.

I watched the countdown for Eastern time with my dad.  My mom was asleep upstairs.


And discovered great views of fireworks from home, with a double-show because of the reflection from the pond.



My mom was awake a while later, so I watched the Central time countdown with her.



Sunday, Jan 1:

Went to the USNWC to see the Lights exhibit and the ice rink.



This design was my favorite.  My sister joked that it was because it had a lot of "gear" on it.




A lot of the spy balloon stuff came up in the news about a month later, just after I got around to posting these pics on FB.  


Monday, Jan 2:

One last tune-up session at the FOP.

Got my chrono, did the positional kraft drill, practiced the 90 degree cant with my gun, did a fun pistol stress drill at 30yd on an 8" target (take turns with your 2 friends, and a miss means doing 5 pushups), and did a gear dump for a final review and streamlining.  We vetted each others' kits to make sure they were reasonable.







Tuesday, Jan 3:

Figured out where my Vortex Fury beam was, in relation to the reticle.  It's so strange to me that we don't have the technology to adjust the reticle, the way we can adjust red dots for windage and elevation.






No comments: