Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan 17

FIT:
Treadmil> 4.4 mi in 35:27, 8:03/mi pace. Splits> 8:30 for 1 mi, 8:00 for the next 3.4. Setting out for the fitness rm, was unsure of whether the run would work. Still hurts to walk (the toe-off), but less so than it did prior to yesterday. Surprisingly, I didn't feel it at all right from the first step - dunno why. Did wear shoes the whole time, but went with the Brooks Trance 8 - haven't used it since months ago on the first trial run on the tread. Went for that b/c it feels lower to the grd than the others, perhaps making forefoot more possible. It, however, does have a pretty high heel. Things went pretty well, though. I could tell that it was less cushioned, but it went okay, with tweaks in form (esp increasing hip rotation) helping whenever kinks arose. It was more difficult than usual, prob b/c my legs are still recovering from Thursday's barefoot trial. With that in mind, I'm not concerned. My lower back muscles had to work hard to keep good form. I've been kinda tired lately - dunno why. Decent sleep - 7 hrs-ish for the last week, but not necc restful - immune sys down a bit.

I was not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, but the run changed that - it's incredible. A single run makes me feel like I've come back from a wonderful vacation. Thanks, Lord.

Yesterday: 50 min strength, incl PT. 200 crunches/side, 20 tridips, 2:30 plank, 1 min side planks, bily bands, 40-15 quad dips, 50 pillows, elastic PT, 25 superman, 90s 6in, 25/40 leg lifts.

FUEL:
Been eating more lately. Even though it may be natural, because perhaps my body does need it as mileage ramps up, it's concerning. It takes more to make me full. Could just be that my tiredness makes me want quick pick-me-up's. Prob mileage-related, though. Much of the fueling came from kettle chips, though (2 bags in 1 week). My weakness. Oh, so good (jalapeno cheddar) but so bad. haha.

No comments: