Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jan 14-p



Today was my first day of freedom, since Dean's Date and its 3 projects was yesterday. I slept 14 hours last night. Today, I was excited to run again. I hadn't really eaten many decent meals - lots of whole grain goldfish, oranges, bbq soy crisps, and some dark chocolate-covered coffee beans.

FIT:
6-miler through some snowy/icy paths to Wholefoods/Marshalls, stopping every now and then to take pictures. I wanted to get back before it got completely dark, since you had to look to see where there was treacherous ice.
Splits: 10:04 (tow), 3:58 (tree), 4:24 (hill), 4:47 (bridge), 3:00 (shop), 10:08 (hill), 4:39 (tree), 4:37 (tow), 11:05 (2d). Total: 56:42
Afterwards, I was hungry, probably from not eating that much in the past few days. I had 2 bowls of incredible bean & veggie soup (I don't know why it tastes so good - maybe the soup stock or the herbs?) to try to warm up (it was probably around 24 degrees out), plus yogurt with fruit spread and protein bread with garlic. After I got back, I was still hungry, so I ate a bit of chocolate and PB, and downed it with sf lemonade. I'm still kind of hungry, but my stomach is full from all the liquids. I want something salty, like beef brisket. Mmmm... beef brisket.
As for the run itself, it was a bit slower because of the need to step around or carefully on the ice. Also, I got tired on the way back, on the uphill in the last 10 minutes. Don't know why. I was tempted to stop.

No comments: